Monday, May 24, 2010

It is hard to come back to a 9-5 after running your own gig for so long. Part of me is excited about the new space, the free coffee and my limited responsibilities. Another part of me knows I have to be reigned in and not try to control the whole place. Or at least my little piece of the Coomunications world.

I take pride in my work, but sometimes I don't know when to let go. It was a definite "learn" (thing I learned) from Entrees By You, so I don't want to fail back into old-manic habits.

As a way to help my control issues, I enrolled in an improv class here in Austin at ColdTowne Theater. It's close, and I went to a show on Saturday and felt a longing for the days I did improv at the Second City school. So I am there now. Wednesdays, 6-8 pm. This Wednesday will be my first class. I'll let you know how it goes.

I also enjoyed a drink by myself on Saturday night. I wanted time to think, and Ginny's Longhorn Saloon provided the perfect backdrop. Dane Sterling and his band were playing Country favorites from Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson and I sat at the bar nursing my cold Dos Equis out of the chilled juice glass. Sharon the bartender wrinkled her brow when I asked for a glass - I guess that is high-maintenance. It didn't bother me. I wanted a glass, and the fact it was chilled made it double the fun.

Look how far I have come. I am sitting in a bar enjoying myself and not making eye contact with Tony - who is sitting next to me. I just want alone time. Me, my beer and my country ballads.

No comments:

Post a Comment